Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Come as you are

Creating a post card for myself was my favorite project. I enjoyed being able to express myself through creativity. I am actually a very creative person, it just took me a little bit of time to get use to using the software required. I am really beginning to enjoy using Photoshop and understanding which tools does what. Indesign help me be able to put everything together after I decided on graphics and font. I was able to place and move around the graphics until I felt confident in the postcard.

My color scheme was black with a few colors such as yellow in the sunflower and a shade of cyan. I choose black because black is mainly the color I wear or at least always incorporate in my fashion sense. I believe black is a very powerful color. Then I used bright colors to stand out against the black. I have a very big personality. The bright colors stand for happiness and energy. The colors I choose reflect my persona.

I choose an edgy font for the bio and created my own font in Illustrator to make my name in cursive. I went with an edgy impression for my postcard because I have a very edgy style and personality. I am adventurous, eccentric, fearless, and outgoing.  

My main design was the sunflower. Nature is the love of my life. I am very active in outdoor activities and I appreciate and adore flowers, trees, the sky, etc. I believe the sunflower functioned as a symbol of my identity and values in the design. Yet, it is simple. A sunflower conveys warmth and happiness. 

My design combines creativity, proficiency, functionality, usability, and reliability  because the colors and font portray an energy and emotion. The sunflower graphic has meaning and description.

Photoshop was useful to prepare my images. I had to trace them and get rid of the background.

Illustrator I created a cursive font for my name using the blob tool


Indesign is where I pieced the postcard together adding the bio and picking a font for the bio.




No comments:

Post a Comment